- Documentation and services
- Welcome to Azion Docs
- Using Datadog to receive data from Azion Data Streaming
Using Datadog to receive data from Azion Data Streaming
Data Streaming is one of Azion’s Observe products designed to help you access your content and application data in real time. To successfully use Data Streaming with connectors, you first need to set up the endpoints.
After completing the initial setup, you can use Datadog to receive data from Azion Data Streaming. Once you finish connecting the endpoint, you can improve your monitoring and use other Azion products to continue exploring information on your data.
Continue reading this hands-on guide to see step by step of how to connect Datadog endpoint to Data Streaming.
To get started, you must complete a few configurations in Datadog:
- Create an account.
- Log in to your Datadog account.
- On the bottom left corner of your Datadog dashboard, hover over your name or email and select Organization Settings > ACCESS > API Keys.
- Click the New Key button > provide a Name for your key.
- Click the Create Key button.
- Click the Copy Key button and save the copied key to use it later on.
Your API Key will look similar to this example:
2. Configuring the new endpoint in Azion Data Streaming
Next, you’ll follow these steps to configure the new endpoint you created in Datadog in your Azion Data Streaming.
- If you are a new user of Data Streaming, access Real-Time Manager (RTM) > Account Menu > Billing & Subscriptions and enable the product in the Subscriptions tab.
- On the upper left corner of the page, select Products Menu > Data Streaming.
- Click the Add Streaming button.
- Type a name for your Data Streaming.
- In the Data Source dropdown list, select the option you’ll use:
- Edge Applications
- Edge Functions
- WAF Events
For more information on creating Edge Applications, see the documentation page.
- In Template, choose the option that fits your Data Source choice:
- WAF Event Collector
- Edge Functions Event Collector
- Edge Applications + WAF Event Collector
- Custom Template
In case you select Custom Template, you’ll need to provide information in a JSON format in the Data Set field.
- In Options, you can:
- Select Filter Domains and add the domains you want to receive the logs by selecting them in the Available Domains box.
- Select All Domains.
- In the Destination configurations, select Datadog from the Endpoint Type dropdown list.
- Fill the following fields:
- Datadog URL: URL of your Datadog endpoint.
- API Key: Key created in the Datadog API.
- Make sure the Active switch is on.
- Click the Save button.
After saving the configurations, you can keep track of the calls made by Data Streaming to Datadog in the Real-Time Events product, available at the Products Menu in RTM. To do so, select Data Source > Data Streaming and choose the filters options as you desire.
Datadog is a registered trademark of Datadog, Inc in the United States.
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Open a support ticket.