While configuring data streamings, you need to set up a specific endpoint to stream your Azion data.
Continue reading for a step by step on how to connect an Azure Monitor endpoint to receive data from Data Streaming.
Azure Monitor requirementsSection titled Azure Monitor requirements
To get started with Microsoft’s Azure Monitor, you must follow a few steps:
- Create an Azure account.
- Create an Azure Analytic Log Workspace on Azure’s Platform. After the implantation is successfully completed, you’ll see a link to your workspace.
- Click the workspace link to go to the overview page.
- On the side panel, click on Agents Management and copy your Workspace ID and Primary Key to use later.
- Go to the Microsoft Sentinel panel and create a new Sentinel panel.
- Add the recently created workspace to the Sentinel.
- After setting up all configurations, go to the Logs section and access your Table and your Consultations.
Configuring the endpoint in Data StreamingSection titled Configuring the endpoint in Data Streaming
Next, follow these steps to configure the new endpoint you created in Azure Monitor in your Azion Data Streaming.
You can find detailed steps for the entire configuration on the How to use Data Streaming guide.
In the Destination configurations:
- On the Endpoint Type dropdown menu, select Azure Monitor.
- On Log Type, add the record type of the data that’s being submitted, which is the table where Azure Monitor stores your logs. It can contain only letters, numbers, the underscore (_) character, and it can’t exceed 100 characters.
- On Shared Key, add the Primary Key of your workspace.
- On Time Generation Field (optional), add a data ingestion time, which informs how long it’ll take for the log to be available after being collected.
- On Workspace ID, add the ID of your workspace.
- Make sure the Active switch is on.
- Click the Save button.
After saving the configurations, your data will be streamed to the newly configured endpoint.
You can keep track of the calls made by Data Streaming to Azure Monitor on Real-Time Events. To do so, select Data Source > Data Streaming and choose the filters options as you wish.
TrademarksSection titled Trademarks
Microsoft Azure Monitor is a registered trademark of Microsoft Inc in the United States and other countries.