The Azion data source plugin on Grafana allows you to visualize the data from your existing applications on Azion on a Grafana dashboard. It queries data from Real-Time Metrics, which uses the GraphQL APIs.
With the data source plugin, you can use the pre-built Edge Application Data Transferred dashboard to view your data with minimum configuration effort.
RequirementsSection titled Requirements
To use the Azion data source, you need:
- A Real-Time Manager (RTM) account on Azion.
- A personal token created to authenticate your account.
- One or more edge applications created on your account.
- Real-Time Metrics activated on your account.
- Access to Grafana.
Installing the plugin on GrafanaSection titled Installing the plugin on Grafana
Currently, to use the Azion data source plugin, you must install it locally and enable your account to use unsigned plugins. See the documentation on the plugin’s GitHub repository for a step-by-step on how to install it.
Using the pre-built dashboard on GrafanaSection titled Using the pre-built dashboard on Grafana
After installing a Grafana instance locally on your machine and authorizing the Azion plugin, open it.
Follow the next steps:
- On the left-side menu, on the Administration dropdown menu, select Plugins.
- On the Search box, type
- Select the
- Click the Create an Azion data source button.
A new page opens to configure your data source.
On the Settings tab:
- On Name, give a descriptive name to your data source.
- On Personal Token, add the token you’ve created on the Personal Tokens page on RTM.
- Click Save & test. Grafana will run a quick test to see if your authentication is correct.
On the Dashboards tab:
- Select the Data Transferred dashboard option.
- Click the Import button.
The pre-built dashboard is imported to your account. To access it:
- On the left-side menu, click Dashboards.
- Select the Data Transferred dashboard option from the list under General.
You’ll automatically be able to view and analyze the Edge Application Data Transferred data from Real-Time Metrics. You can also save this dashboard as a copy on Dashboard Settings and edit it as you wish, without losing the original view.
Read more on GrafanaSection titled Read more on Grafana
- Create and use dashboards
- Grafana dashboard best practices
- Add and manage variables
- Configuring time series in ISO8601
- Configuring time series in custom format
- Configuring a legend
- Configuring value mappings
TrademarksSection titled Trademarks
Grafana Cloud is a trademark of Grafana Labs. We are not affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by Grafana Labs or its affiliates.