Azion Command-Line Interface (CLI) is an open source tool that enables the management of services offered by Azion using a terminal. By using the CLI, you can create and manage services such as Edge Functions and Edge Services, as well as the provisioning of Next.js applications.
Visit the framework’s site at Next.js for more information.
Azion CLI enables you to:
- Manage Azion products.
- Create automation using scripts or CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery) pipelines.
- Provision multiple services that make your application up with few commands.
- Manage your Azion settings as code.
For an overview of the CLI commands, you can access its reference documentation.
Azion CLI is currently in Beta version. Some functionalities can be modified until its release. Therefore, use it cautiously in production environments. While you try out the Beta version, our engineering team would love to hear from you in order to improve it. Contribute with your feedback.
About Command-Line Interfaces
Prior to the development of Graphical User Interfaces (GUI), software developers and users interacted with computers using a keyboard and monitor, known as terminal.
The keyboard served as the input device, on which the user typed command lines. The computer then ran the command and output the result on the monitor screen, eventually with additional messages.
Commands typed on the keyboard followed rules that enabled creating an interface between the user and the computer. They were usually composed of a keyword, flags, and parameters. This interface, still used today, is the Command-Line Interface or CLI.
Later, the GUIs attracted to the computer world users who found typing commands complex and challenging. However, the CLI has never lost its importance, especially in the software development environment.
In fact, the CLI has many advantages when compared to using graphical interfaces, such as:
- Ability to manipulate computer resources inaccessible by GUIs.
- Speed and simplicity to perform tasks.
- Flexibility in creating scripts for process automation.
All modern operating systems have terminal-type applications in which the user can type command lines to perform tasks on the computer.
- First steps
- Managing your Edge Functions using Azion CLI
- Creating an edge application using Azion CLI
- Running the CLI on macOS Operating System
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Open a ticket.