How to customize an error response page
The Error Responses functionality for Azion Edge Application allows you to customize and define the cache TTL of error pages that are delivered when a request returns a 4xx or 5xx HTTP status.
To customize an error response page, follow the steps:
- Access Real-Time Manager (RTM).
- On the upper-left corner, select the three horizontal lines to open the Products menu > Edge Application.
- Select the application linked to the domain that needs the new error page.
- Select the Error Responses tab.
- The first Status Code field is disabled, but under Error Caching TTL (seconds) you can set the cache time-to-live (TTL), in seconds, of all error pages.
This first status code serves as a placeholder to cache the page in case an unexpected status is received.
- To customize specific error codes, click the + button.
- In the new Status Code field, select the status code you want to customize.
- Change the cache TTL in the Error Caching TTL (seconds) field.
- You can keep the same cache TTL set in the previous field or add a different TTL.
- In the URI field, you can add a path to an error page created in the source.
- In the Custom Status Code field, you can customize the HTTP status that will be received by the user.
- In the Origin section, you can define the origin of error page URIs.
- You can configure their origins in the application’s Origins tab.
- Click the Save button.
Done. Your edge application will now display an error page with the new configuration.
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Open a support ticket.