You can query GraphQL API requests on Postman or other API platforms. To use Postman, you need to go through two steps: create a personal token and run your request on Postman. See the next sections and follow the presented steps.
Creating a personal tokenSection titled Creating a personal token
Before running your requests with the GraphQL API, you first need to create a personal token on Azion to validate your access.
- On Real-Time Manager (RTM), on the upper-right corner, select Account menu > Personal Tokens.
- Fill the fields to configure the personal token and click the Create Token button.
- Copy and save your token in a safe location to use it in the next section.
See the Personal Tokens documentation for more information on how to create one.
As an alternative, you can create a short-duration token through the Azion API.
Querying on PostmanSection titled Querying on Postman
After creating your personal token, go to Postman and follow the next steps:
- On the header, click the + button to create a new request.
- On the Headers tab, click on Bulk Edit and add the following code, replacing [TOKEN VALUE] with the personal token value you created:
Remain on Postman and create the request’s body:
- Select the Body tab.
- On the upper-left corner, click the GET option to open a dropdown menu.
- Select the POST option.
- On the Enter URL or paste text field, add the URL being queried:
- On the options row with radio buttons, select the GraphQL option.
- On the code box, add the query you want to use. For example:
- Click the Send button on the upper-right corner.
You’ll receive a response with the requested data, similar to this:
You can find queries examples on the GitHub azion-queries repository.