Sending original IP through a header
By default, all reports about IP addresses send Azion’s Edge Nodes IP as a response. The request route follows the pattern:
IP(user) → Azion Edge Node → Origin Server
The original IP address is also sent through a X-Forwarded-For header, along with other IPs in the request route.
To receive the original IP, you must send the IP through a new header, adding a Behavior in the Default Rule in Rules Engine. Follow these steps:
- Log into Real-Time Manager
- In the Products Menu, select Edge Application
- Select your Edge Application
- Click Rules Engine > Default Rule
- In the Behavior section, click +
- In the And field, select Add Request Header
In the next field, add the following string:
- Click Save.
After completing the alteration in Rules Engine, you will find a new component in your report, X-Client-IP. Next to it, you can see the original IP from the request.
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Open a support ticket.