After you build an edge application on Azion, it’s possible to edit and manage its settings anytime you want, including cloning the edge application. In this case, the new edge application will have identical settings as the original.
To clone an existing edge application, follow these steps:
- Access Real-Time Manager (RTM).
- On the upper-left corner, select the three horizontal lines to open the Products menu.
- In the BUILD section, select Edge Application. You’ll be redirected to the Edge Application page, which lists all the edge applications you’ve created.
- The list is organized alphabetically. You can also use the search bar located on the upper-left corner of the list; currently, it filters only by Application Name.
- Find the edge application you want to clone.
- Hovering over it, a trash can and a clone icons will appear on the right end of the row.
- Select the Clone icon, represented by two pieces of paper. A popover will appear confirming you want to clone that specific edge application.
- Type a name for the new application on the presented field.
- Type a unique and easy to remember name.
- The platform returns an error message if the name is already in use. If it happens, try again with a different name.
- Click the Clone button.
Done. A success message will appear on the top of the page confirming your edge application has been cloned.
The cloned edge application will be visible on the list and it’ll have the same settings as the original one.